Air Gym Policy and Etiquette
- AirGym.Family does not offer free classes on a regular basis. All complimentary classes or workshops are pre-scheduled as special events or promotions by AirGym.Family and will be marked distinctly.
- Any new attendee may try 15 min of a class free of charge. If the attendee wishes to continue thereafter, the attendee will then be charged for the class per the original price, unless there are promotions running on that date.
- Cards Year membership: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 100 classes
- Membership cards are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase
- No extensions
- The cards may be shared with family and friends
- Can be forwarded to a third party in case the member who purchased it can not use it anymore for whatever reason
- Cards Month membership: 10, 14 classes
- Membership cards are valid for 31 days (1 month) from the date of purchase
- No extensions
- The cards usage is restricted to the original purchaser
- Can be forwarded to a third party once in case the member who purchased it can not use it anymore for whatever reason
- If AirGym.Family can’t provide their service due to unpredictable circumstances, all cards will be extended for that period, or the customer will be refunded according to the hours left on their card.
- If the customer leaves Samui/ Thailand before their card has been used, there is no refund. The customer has the choice of passing on the card to a friend or family member ( valid only for Year memberships)
- The duration of any promotion offered by AirGym.Family will be clearly stated and cannot be extended.
- If there are multiple promotions running at the same time, conditions of these promotions are not to be summed, unless stated that way.
- The AirGym.Family administration is the sole source for clear information about all ongoing promotions.
Group classes attendance policy
- Kindly arrive on time for all classes. Not receiving a proper instructor lead warm-up can lead to potential health and safety risks. Participants arriving late to the class may be denied participation at the instructor’s discretion.
- For safety considerations, classes may be limited based on space and availability of equipment.
- Please always have a fresh sports towel and water in a sealed container with you at each session- no glass containers are allowed in the gym.
- If you have any health concerns, please consult a physician before attending a class.
- Work out at an intensity that is comfortable for your level. Classes are not to be seen as a competition- we encourage you to work towards personal goals.
- Please be respectful towards the instructor and fellow participants by adhering to the routine of the instructor.
- Follow the instructors’ lead. Any injuries caused by neglecting the instructors’ commands and/or not informing us about any health issues/medical conditions will be the sole responsibility of the participant and AirGym.Family will not be liable for such cases.
- Participants are responsible for the security and safety of their personal belongings at all times.
- Please come dressed in appropriate workout attire. See the attached list of “recommended dress code.”
- Classes may be subdued and/or canceled if the attendance is consistently low for the current month. If the class participation drops to less than 3 participants for 3 consecutive classes, the class may be replaced or canceled, in which case AirGym.Family will inform all participants at least 15 days beforehand.
- By becoming a member at AirGym.Family, you confirm and understand that all classes are taught in English and Thai. If a student cannot communicate or understand one of these languages, they will need to provide their own translator for their language.
Gym Membership and Behavior
At AirGym.Family, we are not a public gym. We take pride in creating a positive and supportive atmosphere for our teachers and fellow members. To ensure this, we have specific guidelines:
- Selective Membership: We carefully select our students to maintain a harmonious environment. This approach contributes to the well-being of our instructors and the entire gym community.
- Gym Policy Violations: If a student consistently violates our gym policies, AirGym.Family will provide three official warnings. Following these warnings, we reserve the right to terminate their membership card.
- Children’s Behavior: In the case of children students repeatedly disregarding class discipline, we will take steps to address the situation. They may be transferred to personal training sessions. If our instructors, in collaboration with parents and other relevant professionals, are unable to address the issue, we kindly recommend considering other studios or gyms for their continued practices.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in maintaining a positive atmosphere at AirGym.Family. Your compliance with these guidelines contributes to the well-being of our entire fitness community.
Open Gym Self-Training Waiver
- Assumption of Risk: Students acknowledge that engaging in self-training and the use of gym facilities and equipment entail inherent risks. These risks may include, but are not limited to, minor or major injuries, muscle strains, sprains, fractures, or more severe injuries. Students are aware that potential hazards may exist within the gym environment.
- Personal Responsibility: Students are responsible for their own safety and wellbeing while using AirGym.Family’s facilities and equipment during open gym hours. Students are expected to exercise caution, adhere to safety guidelines, and conduct themselves responsibly.
- Safety Precautions: Students agree to exercise safely and employ best practices in their self-training. Students will not engage in any activities they are not qualified or competent to perform. Safety precautions should be taken to prevent harm to themselves and others.
- Medical Condition Disclosure: Students affirm that they should consult with a physician before participating in any exercise or fitness program. Students confirm they have no medical conditions that would prevent their safe engagement in physical activities.
- Release of Liability: Students hereby release and discharge AirGym.Family, its instructors, staff, and management from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, or causes of action arising from or related to any injury or harm that may occur during their use of the gym facilities and equipment. This release of liability includes injuries or damages that may result from negligence or carelessness on the part of AirGym.Family, its staff, or other participants.
- Indemnification: Students agree to indemnify and hold AirGym.Family harmless from any claims, lawsuits, or demands made against them as a result of Student’s use of the gym facilities and equipment.
- Emergency Medical Treatment: In case of an injury or medical emergency, Students consents to and authorizes AirGym.Family to secure and administer emergency medical treatment.
By accepting these terms, Students acknowledge that they have read and understood this Waiver and assume the risks associated with self-training at AirGym.Family during open gym hours. Students are solely responsible for their safety and wellbeing during their time at the gym.
Detailed dress code recommendations for:
- Pole: Short shorts, sleeveless tank top, barefoot
- Aerial Yoga, Silks, Sling and Hoop: Long stretchy pants, t-shirt to cover armpits, barefoot
- Circus Fit Men, Handstand: Comfortable pants or shorts, T-shirt to cover armpits, barefoot, wrist wraps
- High heels: Free choice- comfortable clothing, barefoot or high heels
- Contemporary, Modern Dance, Model Maker and Ballet: Stretchy, comfortable clothing, barefoot or ballet shoes
- Hip hop, Kpop,Jazz Funk,Silver Beats,Afrobeat,Dance Foundation: Free choice- comfortable, breathable clothing, sports shoes
- Stretching, Deep stretching: Stretchy clothes, barefoot
- Fitness classes (FBW, Stepperton): Comfortable clothes, sport shoes
- Gymnastics/ Acrobatics: Stretchy, comfortable clothing, barefoot unless there are specific shoes for certain styles
Booking / Cancellation Policy
We appreciate your cooperation in adhering to our booking and attendance guidelines:
- Advance Sign-Up: We kindly request that you sign up for all classes before the scheduled day. This allows our instructors to prepare effective training routines tailored to the number and skill levels of our participants.
- Minimum Class Attendance: To ensure a class takes place, a minimum of 2 participants is required.
- Weekly Reservations: Please reserve your classes for the entire week through the Glofox APP by the end of the day on Sunday.
- Last-Minute Reservations: If you’re unable to book in advance, you can secure your spot by signing up at least 4 hours before the class begins.
- Late Sign-Ups: We understand that sometimes last-minute opportunities arise. If you find yourself without any other option, feel free to try joining at the last minute. If there’s an available spot, we’ll be happy to accommodate you.
- Cancellation Policy: To avoid penalties, we kindly ask you to cancel your class bookings at least 4 hours before the scheduled start time. Late cancellations or no-shows will result in full charges. Your adherence to these guidelines ensures a seamless experience for all participants. Thank you for your understanding.