Aerial silks is one of most beautiful aerial arts! It uses two lengths of fabric secured from the ceiling. It is an ideal combination of flexibility, power and dance elements. Students learn various poses and moves in the beginner level.
Combos, drops or choreography in the intermediate and advanced levels.
- Minimal age: 10 years old
- Maximum age: no limits
- Experience: all levels
Only kids with previous experience in the following classes are accepted to the class:
What picture imagines your brain when you hear the word “aerial arts”? The most common answer is someone on the long piece of fabric in some beautiful pose. But do you know that you can start your training in the aerial arts from 10 years old?
Teenagers most needed calisthenic exercises with no extra weights. Their bodies build a foundation for an adult’s body structure. Improving core strength develops torso muscles that stabilize, align, and move the trunk of the body.
Extra Benefits For Teens:
- Flipping into an upside-down straddle in an aerial silks knot or aerial sling builds strength and coordination and develops spatial awareness.
- Attention and Focus. Aerial poses require more steps than any other land exercise. Teens have to focus; otherwise, they fall out.
- Reduced academic problems. We are building neural pathways every time we practice a new skill. Thus, in each class, when we practice social-emotional learning, mindfulness, and aerial skills, we create networks in the brain!
Benefits of aerial fitness including but not limited to:
- spinal decompression
- lymphatic movement
- myofascial tissue/adhesion release
- fun mental acuity
- core strengthening
- upper body development
- lower body stability
- strengthen postural alignment muscles
- improve spatial awareness
- moving your body three-dimensionally
- joint rotation and mobility
- muscle toning and strengthening
- increased circulation to the pituitary gland
- increase fluidity and agility in daily living
- safely experience more advanced positions and deeper poses
- working with and against gravity creates length or strength
- lessen pressure on joints to improve range of motion